We provide grants and technical assistance to grassroots or emerging organizations that serve underprivileged communities.
THE BRAVO FOUNDATION is a private, nonprofit organization whose mission is to support social justice for the working poor, primarily in the San Diego community. The Foundation carries out its mission by providing grants and technical assistance to grassroots or emerging organizations that serve this demographic. Because of the Foundation’s commitment to social justice for the working poor, Foundation grants are focused in the following general areas:
- Basic human needs: food, clothing, shelter, and basic vision/dental care
- ESL programs, literacy programs and educational enrichment programs for children living in poverty
- Programs targeting at-risk youth, women and families living in poverty
- Programs which foster increased civic engagement on the part of underpriviledged communities
- Programs which foster leadership development in underpriviledged communities
- Programs which build alliances and strengthen relationships among diverse communities